Friday, October 22, 2004

Seventeen Million Here, Seventeen Million There

So, Madame Dyan Adam thinks that Canada's official bilingualism program at $750 million per year and her comfy fiefdom as the Commissioner of Official Languages at $17 million per year should be exempt from a review of departmental spending. The rarefied air dans la tour d'ivoire where she lives must be getting to her.

I guess that, to her, it is absolutely essential that we divert not one penny away from such noble causes as trying the make universally accepted traffic sign graphics bilingual. I'm not sure what the difference is between a French turn arrow and an English turn arrow, and I don't recall them being any different in France the last time I was there. Of course, we simply must stop the assault on Canadian dignity and our national identity by criminals like Don Cherry. She is the Commissioner of Official Languages, not the Commissioner of Face Masks. She is Donna Quixote with imaginary windmills, and there is probably no end to the evil from which she would like to rescue us.

Official bilingualism is worthy of support where it makes sense, but Mme Adam and her office would have us believe that, without her diligence, the French language and culture will disappear. What self-serving and personally profitable rubbish!

$17,000,000 would go a long way towards supporting some activities that would have a lot more positive impact on the lives of Canadians. How about 17,000 additional CH-146 Griffon flying hours that could be used for search and rescue, fighting floods and ice storms, assisting in border patrol operations to stop smuggling, etc.?

How about a few thousand extra CP-140 Aurora flying hours, so that the CF could start doing patrols over the Arctic regions? These have decreased to next to nothing, and Danish, American, Russian and other challenges to our claims of sovereignty are increasing. For those who say so what; think about the resources that are probably beneath the ice and water in that area. Do we want other countries to reap the economic benefits therefrom? Worse yet for those whose priority is the environment; do we want other countries doing resource exploration and development with lower standards for environmental protection than Canada would practise?

How about one new MRI machine per province and territory with the money to operate them for a year?

Or, maybe we could just buy a couple of golf balls for every Canadian with the Prime Minister's name on them.

14 Comments:

Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf equipment auction and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf equipment auction

4:04 AM  
Blogger The Critic said...

I was just searching for a product, service or web page to review for my site SEO Traffic Rank, I'm constantly trying to find related info for 100 100 computerbrat.com email seo tool top top. Any way I liked your page!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I am your free get site traffic web niche member with
href="http://www.freetrafficsystem.com">Free Traffic System
site.

I offer your to make free get site traffic web articles cross-change between our web sites.

Kind regards,
Nick

4:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of womens health forum
.

9:40 PM  
Blogger WellFancyThat said...

Enjoyed your blog - thanks for sharing. I also have an interest in forex forecast. If you have time, check out my site forex forecast. Thanks for taking the time to share your blog.

3:25 PM  
Blogger PolarTrader said...

I have a function of the foreign exchange market Site. It pretty much covers function of the foreign exchange market related stuff.

Check it out if you get time :-)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

12:40 AM  
Blogger harvey3 said...

Blogarama that is good stuff nice one I have a blog too also I have a website dedicated to helping people with their debts, mortgages,student loans plus much more all FREE info consolidation consultation consultation debt debt debt free free sevices yahoodebtconsolidation.com Take a look around it may help you in some way consolidation consultation consultation debt debt debt free free sevices yahoodebtconsolidation.com

7:00 AM  
Blogger wbrant said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a traffic exchange site. It pretty much covers traffic exchange related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:55 PM  
Blogger wpb-71980E said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Barbara Hofmeister said...

self image improvement is always fascinating for me. Thank you for your nice blog. If you want to visite mine self image improvement I would really appreciate that.
Thanks
Barbara

7:30 PM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I am very impressed by your blog, It is full of great information. I found it by searching for " seo toolbar " on Google.

I have started a blog directory and would like to personally invite you to post your blog. Its free and will help you in your search rankings.

if you have any questions email me at admin@big3post.com and I will get back to you within a 24 hrs.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking

2:08 AM  
Blogger http://www.debt-consolidation.com said...

Debt Consolidation Debt Consolidation Programs can help you reduce your interest burden by charging an interest rate lower than the rate on your existing loans. Debt consolidation loan can also allow you to make small monthly payments by extending the loan period

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home