Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Book Virus.........

I've been tagged with the Book Virus by my Conservative pal, Vitor, at "What It Takes To Win", so here goes.

1. Number of books I own. We have owned thousands, but we recycle them through our children and to libraries, etc. My mother was a high school history teacher and we inherited a lot of history books. W've also got a lot of books on aviation, business, autosports, and cooking. At the moment, I'm guessing that we have about 300 on the shelf and many more in boxes.

2. Books that mean a lot to me. My pilot's log book, which holds about thirty-five years of my life. My mother's University of Manitioba Yearbook from 1929. Any of Churchill's books.

3. Books I have read recently. The "Tipping Point" and "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. "Boyd, the fighter pilot who changed the art of war" by Robert Coram. "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu - again. Lest you get the idea that I'm pre-occupied with physical warfare, there are a lot of lessons applicable to political warfare in those books. More fun books are cook books by anyone.

4. The To-Read List. "Stephen Harper and the Future of Canada" by William Johnson, and the anxiously awaited, but as yet unwritten, "My life after federal politics" by Anne McLellan.

And the next tags go to "Waking up on Planet X" and "BendGovernment".

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about humana health care

5:43 AM  
Blogger stony said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a free adware site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

5:06 AM  
Blogger summer said...

Protect your Privacy and your Files on your Computer. Scan it for free now! Click here: free adware download

9:10 AM  
Blogger St Louis Cardinals BUFF said...

So many blogs and only 10 numbers to rate them. I'll have to give you a 10 because you have done a good job. Great Job,

Free Access To More Information Aboutbusiness website

11:12 AM  
Blogger George said...

How would you like a quick and easy way to keep track of all your important information and activities maintenance . maintenance

5:51 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home